We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from CDG to Gare St Lazarre

Eugene, Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
getting from CDG to Gare St Lazarre

I've seen some older posts but am wondering about the latest information - what is the fastest way to get from CDG to Gare St Lazarre? I'll be there in a week and have a tight connection with a carpool. Looks maybe like taxi? All advice appreciated.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from USD 74.50*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
725 Reviews
from USD 48.50*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from USD 102.90*
4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,956 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from CDG to Gare St Lazarre

Nothing has changed. You can take a taxi for the fixed price of €50 for up to 4 people with luggage, or for €10.20 each you can take the RER train into Paris, getting off at Gare du Nord and changing to RER Line E to St-Lazare.

A taxi would probably be faster, depending on the traffic. You need to allow a minimum of 4 hours between the scheduled landing of a long-haul flight at CDG and a connection in central Paris.

Eugene, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from CDG to Gare St Lazarre

Thanks! Much appreciated. I am very much hoping it will take less than four hours to make that connection, but I also very much appreciate your suggestion.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from CDG to Gare St Lazarre

4 hours is the recommended safety margin between plane arrival and train departure. It usually takes much less but can never be guaranteed. Accidents happen on the road, as do power failures, suicides etc. if one takes the the train, and of course, planes can be late...

Eugene, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting from CDG to Gare St Lazarre

Thanks very much. It surely is wise to be prudent about this kind of thing.

Reply to: getting from CDG to Gare St Lazarre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted