We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5-day itinerary around France

Christchurch, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
5-day itinerary around France

Bonjour!

I'm travelling around France with my dad (almost 70). We're spending the first week in Paris for the tennis. But we have 5 days/4 nights to fill in, from Mon 11 June till Fri 15 June (need to be back in Paris that evening).

I'm looking for itinerary suggestions, but roughly would like to try and fit in:

1. Mont St Michel (maybe spend a night in Beauvoir)

2. Bordeaux

3. Pau + Lourdes

I'm not too keen to get a rental car, as reading French signs and driving on the "different" side of the road could prove too much. I looked at trains, but the Mont St Michel - Bordeaux leg seem to all go via Paris. Does anyone know if there are direct options, or is the Paris option the quickest due to the TGV?

Thanks in advance! :)

Nick

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from USD 75.40*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
728 Reviews
from USD 49.10*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from USD 104.10*
1 reply
Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
849 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5-day itinerary around France

You do not ride via Paris but via Le Mans or Nantes and Tours. But it will be a long ride with many nasty changes anyway.

You itinerary is outright crazy in terms of geography, especially since there are so many highly attractive destinations in easy reach from Paris.

I would strongly recommend looking into a map. Then revise your plans.

Reply to: 5-day itinerary around France
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted