We're looking for a good Alpine hiking destination within 3ish hours of Lyon for a week's holiday in mid-July. Ideally we'd like a town/village that:
- is in a national park with good maps and well-marked walking/hiking routes
- has lifts/cable cars running in the summer so we can do some hiking in the mountains
- has nice restaurants and a few things to do
- is NOT overly touristy (we don't mind the odd souvenir shop but not hundreds of them)
- is NOT too much of a party-town (again, we don't mind the odd bar/club but not a whole street of them)
Hope we're not asking too much!