We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris with a car and three teens

sheffield england
Level Contributor
834 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Paris with a car and three teens

We are planning to take our three teenage grandchildren (16,15,and 14) to the Menin Gate at October half term. We'll probably stay somewhere nearby to Ypres on the night before we visit the area, and then move on after the last post ceremony.

We are then taking them to Paris for 2 days, but as we are driving, don't want to drive into Paris, besides which accommodation is rather more than we want to pay. What we are looking for is somewhere we can get a nice apartment, but where there is a rail station so we can catch the train into Paris on both of the days, somewhere not more than an hour journey.

We did something similar last year, stayed in Marne la Vallee, as we were also going to Disneyland Paris. This was perfect, but this time we prefer to be on the north side of Paris, so we don't have to negotiate all the way round. Does anyone have any suggestions. Ideally we would prefer to be somewhere we can leave the car and walk to the railways station.

Mentioned in this post
Ieper (Ypres)
Ieper (Ypres)
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Marne-la-Vallee
Marne-la-Vallee
Seine-et-Marne, France
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Hotel Villa Lara
Hotel Villa Lara
#1 of 22 hotels in Bayeux
Maison Souquet
Maison Souquet
#1 of 1,816 hotels in Paris
Le Bristol Paris
Le Bristol Paris
#2 of 1,816 hotels in Paris
1 reply
Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,857 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris with a car and three teens

Some of the suburbs to the north are not as nice or have higher crime rates than some other directions, that's the problem I have in recommending one I know. At least ones that are on the Parisian metro/RER lines. I might ahve said Pontoise but I think it has a high crime rate and some others I like are not really on the RER but on the regular train lines, so not as convenient.

Try Argenteuil. Just put that into the search box with your other requirements (size, free parking) and the website should show you a consider area around it. This shows up in that search, for example.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6049474

Edited: 13 May 2018, 04:22
Mentioned in this post
Pontoise
Pontoise
Cergy-Pontoise, France
Reply to: Paris with a car and three teens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted