We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Long to Stay in France and Switzerland

6 posts
Save Topic
How Long to Stay in France and Switzerland

My family and I are thinking of going on a trip to France and Switzerland next May. Here is our basic itinerary so far:

- Fly into Paris. Explore the city as well as the surrounding areas.

- Take a train to Provence. Explore that area.

- Take a train to a city in Switzerland. Visit a few cities and mountainous places there.

-Take a train to Paris and fly home.

We aren’t really sure if we want to stick to this plan yet. However, if we do, how much time do we need? We only have 2-3 weeks (hopefully that is enough). We will try to fill each day with as many activities as we can. We don’t want to be rushing and traveling too much. I know that the more time we have the better. Thanks for the help! (:

3 replies to this topic
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Long to Stay in France and Switzerland

I think your plan is pretty good, with the exception of the "surrounding areas" part of the Paris section. I'd skip that and just explore Paris.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
9,172 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Long to Stay in France and Switzerland

The time spent in Switzerland will cost you close on double the equivalent time spent in France.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How Long to Stay in France and Switzerland

welcome,

look at buying "open jaw" tickets. That is to fly into one city and out of another. ON the search sites it maybe shown as "multi city".

IT will save you some time & money backtracking back to paris where you will loose time & money doing so.

heres a web site for you too.

www.seat61.com

alot of great train info.

note that every time you move your base, you will loose at the MINIMUM 1/2 day doing so.

good luck.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 08:32
Reply to: How Long to Stay in France and Switzerland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted