Save Topic
suggestions on itinerary

Hi. I am looking for suggestions on our itinerary. We are flying into Paris arriving the 17th and departing Rome August 1st. It's a little bit of a last minute trip we decided to take to celebrate our 40th birthday and 15 year anniversary. We have been on 2 Mediterranean cruises and besides Paris we have visited all the areas we have planned, Traveling by cruise easily takes care of getting you to destinations. This trip I wanted to get the land and city experience. This will be our first time having to make arrangements traveling to each city.

We will be traveling July 16 - August 1st for 15 nights.

I am thinking

Paris (5 nights) July 17-22 trying to find a room at Hotel Duquesne Eiffel or a room with a view of the Eiffel tower if anyone has suggestions. If not maybe the St. Gernain area.

Fly to Florence? or any suggestions?

Florence (5 nights) July 22-27. with day trips to cinque terre and another to tuscany for wine tasting

July 27 train to Naples. any suggestions?

Positano (2 nights) July 27-29. I booked hotel Marimare (it was only available 2 nights) and there wasn't much available (I understand Europe books many months out)

July 29 train to rome

Rome July 29-August 1st. thinking about Hotel Barocco

I'm wondering if I should take 1 night from paris and 1 night from florence and squeeze in another stop. If so any suggestions on where to visit?

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your advice.