We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Lorie/Chateau region and greater Nice??

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
894 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Lorie/Chateau region and greater Nice??

Please excuse this post for it’s length. I asked one question a week or so ago and wanted to ask another question that is more specific as to region(s).

First of all I’m 76 and my knees aren’t in very good shape. They don’t like a lot of steps and don’t like walking much more than 100 to 150 yards at a time. I don’t use a cane or walker and don’t really want to. The cartilage is gone in my knees. I can stop and sit and rest for a few minutes and I’m ready to go again.

Questions I have about probably September travel:

1. We are thinking about going to the Loire/Chateaux region. This was my previous question. I would probably rent a car and take a tour(s) to some of the chateaus.

2. We’ve been to Paris and Versailles 3 times and also to the Nice/Monaco area 3 times. I doubt that we would spend any time in Paris again. The second part of our trip would probably be to return to the greater Nice area and visit some of the smaller towns and villages within 100 km of Nice. When we were there in the 1980’s we went to La Turbie, Eze, Menton and Castillar (sp?) and loved it but we don't have any photos. Don’t think I would need a tour in this area. We also took the bullet train to Dijon and the wine country when we were there in the 1980’s.

From what I remember about southern France was relatively easy to drive around and to park and see the sites.

Would appreciate any of your comments and suggestions about both areas. We would probably stay a total of around 10 days not counting travel to and from France from the USA. Fortunately, my wife of 51 years doesn’t have any issues.

Thanks in advance.

Kent

1 reply
Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,625 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Lorie/Chateau region and greater Nice??

Bonjour, Kent,

The Villa Ephrussi in St Jean Cap Ferrat is beautiful and has wonderful views of the bay from the gardens. It also has a second story, but I believe that you would enjoy it nonetheless.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

You would probably receive more replies if you post in the Nice forum.

Reply to: Trip to Lorie/Chateau region and greater Nice??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted