We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
1 review
Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

Got a meeting at Land Rover at Gaydon.

Anybody know the transport options from Leamington?

I can see the Stagecoach 77 bus goes that way but it dont run very often.

How do local folks get to work at Gaydon if they have no car??

Do JLR perhaps run transport at start/stop times??

Any advice much appreciated - Thanks in Advance

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

JLR do run a bus service from Leamington for their own employees but it is paid for by using a prepaid staff card.

The stagecoach bus is the only public transport.

When is your meeting?

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
1 review
2. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

Thanks Bobalong_tours - appreciated.

I did the Stagecoach bus thing on Monday and got the internal shuttle back to Whitley Coventry which was the convenient option.

However, I prob have to go back to Gaydon on a more regular basis so any info regarding the service you suggest would help. I can get access to the JLR intranet / internal JLR folks for the the prepaid staff card stuff if need.to if u can give me some pointers

Thanks in advance

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

The bus to Gaydon from Whitley is an intersite bus and will remain free. You are supposed to book it on the JLR intranet.

The bus to/from Leamington is currently free but is going to be charged. You have to book this also.

If you have access to JLR staff they should be able to sort this out for you and if you have access to the intranet it is on the home site.

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

Many many thanks Bobalong_tours for pointing me in the right direction.

I knew there must be a/some better option(s).

Your input very much appreciated in resolving.

Local knowledge is a great thing :).

Perhaps help somebody else in the future as well.

Thanks for posting.

London, United...
1 post
5. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

Hi,

Soon I am going to start my employment with JLR which is based in Gaydon and would like to know the public transportation availabilities from Leamington spa to JLR where I want to live in Leamington spa instead of Gaydon. Any of your suggestions will be much helpful to me. Thanks in advance

Regards

Raki

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

The JLR works are poorly served by public transport, the Stagecoach bus number 77 goes from Leamington to Gaydon but there is one bus in the morning leaving Leamington parish church at 6:25 am and arriving outside the works at 6:56 am. (see Stagecoach website & Google maps will show the stop)

The company is trying to get as many people to lift share as possible and there is a register of lift shares at the company. They are also looking to set up coaches from various parts to the works. I no longer work at JLR and am not sure what the latest transport arrangements are. You ought to get in contact with the person you will work for or your point of contact within Personnel and ask them what the latest transport info is.

Incidentally the roads around there are usually gridlocked at start and closing times so always allow plenty of time to get there.

Bob

Edited: 10 June 2013, 19:37
7. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 21:19
Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
8. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

If he was on a single visit then hiring a car or getting a taxi might be viable, especially if he was on expenses, but not for working there. Would you pay around £20 a day to get to and from work unless you absolutely had to?

Bob

9. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 21:19
Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
10. Re: Leamington Spa to Land Rover at Gaydon

As a general rule no UK company pays for their workforce to get to work, especially not by taxi. If he was relocating from another plant then possibly.

Yes, the bus will cost money but not as much as a taxi, and yes it is a rural location which is why there is only a couple of busses. All of which adds up to why I suggest he contacts the company to see what his options are for lift sharing or getting a coach in.

There is a motorway junction nearby and the volume of traffic into Gaydon usually means that there are tailbacks onto the motorway at start time. To try and improve this the start time is staggered and the company are working with national and local highways agencies.

Parking on the site is also an issue which is why the company are encouraging people to lift share and are organising coaches.

Get answers to your questions about Leamington Spa
Recent Conversations
More Leamington Spa Topics