We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
238 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

As part of an extended tour down the west of England we intend to stop for two nights [Sat & Sun] in the Ironbridge area in mid May, and are looking for suggestions / recommendations? We are as happy with B&B as 5*, like an interesting place to stay where we will have a good nights sleep. Also is there anywhere with some form of evening entertainment, Folk singers, Rock bands, Comedians, Tribute acts we are game for anything. Places to eat for both lunch & dinner? we are open to most things apart from Mexican, but don't want to leave thinking where is the closest Kebab or chip shop. We like our food and are willing to pay for it if the atmosphere, staff and quality of food are good.

Edited: 13 January 2016, 05:44
10 replies to this topic
East Midlands
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

I'll start with my two normal recommendations for the Gorge:

http://www.coalbrookdalevilla.co.uk/

http://www.libraryhouse.com/

Both are great places - one right in the centre of Ironbridge and one a little further up the hill.

There are loads of places to eat in the Gorge for lunch and dinner and then many, many more in the wider Telford area. Let us know where you eventually settle on for accommodation and then we can offer more relevant food recommendations.

Several pubs in the centre often have live music but it's a bit early to say who's playing where for May.

Portsmouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Portsmouth
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
2,205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Thanks for posting this question. As somebody who was born in Ironbridge, I shall follow the responses with interest. Last visited about 20 years ago, maybe a return is overdue.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

For a great meal I would recommend Chez Maws had excellent meal here.

For somewhere with music would be the Malt House which has live music on Friday and Saturday.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Ironbridge

Stoke On Trent
Level Contributor
96 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Definately the malt house on a weekend for live music.

The golden ball is good for food.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. Have booked the Coalbrookdale Villa and as June has been so nice and helpful we will be stay an extra night before we continue our adventures down in Somerset.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,073 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Mike. I wish you the most splendid holidays in Shropshire and Somerset. If you'll have it in you, please report about your experiences. Since you are a long time member with impeccable reputation, your opinions come highly regarded. Both areas are very interesting to us, and I'd like to gather as much info as possible. Hopefully, I'm not the only person curious about travels in those counties, so you'll help many.

Happy Travels!

Yuri.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Will do Yuri, Yes my reputation unfortunately sometimes proceeds me, and that I can ride the Amalfi Drive blindfold on my motor bike having learnt to drive there in 1965. but now I generally stick to 4 rather than two wheels, but wait till they make Segways 'Road Legal' in Scotland LOL. I have traveled round the world fairly extensively, but feel I should now explore my own country. Later in the year we hope to go up the west coast of Scotland, over to Orkney & Shetland and maybe end up in Norway

East Midlands
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Mike - how did you get on in Ironbridge ... assuming you have stayed and moved on?

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Been and moved on towards Somerset. Stayed in Coalbrookedale Villa for 3 nights which was great, close enough to everything [we walked everywhre and never used the car for our whole visit], but far enough away to avoid all the road noise down by the river. Visited all the 'Iron Bridge' sites apart apart from the Pipe works and all were fascinating, but 'Tar Tunnel' is closed but you can look through the door. Overall a great place to visit for a few days. Will write individual reviews when I get back.

stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area

Is there entertainment on the 13th and 14th April, and acomadasion

Reply to: Places to stay and evening entertainment Ironbridge area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Telford
More Telford Topics