We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice pub/restaurant close to Derby Station

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Nice pub/restaurant close to Derby Station

Myself and 4 male colleagues (aged between 49 and 60) are meeting up in Derby on a Friday lunch time, as it is a central location for us all to travel. We are 'catching up' after a gap of 3 years and are looking for a reasonably quiet venue with good food, to chat and to drink a few pints of ' Stella ' ! We propose to stay about 5 hours. Can anyone recommend somewhere within easy walking distance of Derby Station please. Could be 2 venues - one for the food and one for drinking! Many thanks Clive

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice pub/restaurant close to Derby Station

Just outside the station is the Midland Hotel which has a nice bar and a dining room, might be more than you want to pay.

Along Midland Road, in front of you, are several restaurants including the Shalimar (Indian) and Antibos (noisy). At the traffic lights turn right on London Road and there are several more.

Pubs are generally down to earth in this area. The most famous is the Brunswick, along Station Approach to the right about 400 yards. I'm not sure if they do food.

To the rear of the station, beyond platform 6 on the footbridge, is a rear exit that leads to 2 modern pubs/eateries - Old Orleans is one and I'm not sure about the other. These might offer the best combination of beer, food, and space for your purpose.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice pub/restaurant close to Derby Station

yell.com lists restaurants in Derby closest to the station on a map - the nearest 10 include those I've mentioned. The other pub style ones are a Harvester and a Brewers Fayre.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice pub/restaurant close to Derby Station

I ate in the Brunswick on Friday and it was ticking over, but not heaving. They do basic pub food, nothing startling, but perfectly acceptable. There's no music and several little rooms, so it could be a good pick for you.

C

x

North Midlands...
Level Contributor
110 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice pub/restaurant close to Derby Station

On London Road - turn right at the end of Midland Rd - there is an Italian - San Marco , Anoki - Indian , Pepitos - Mexican and a little further along (past teh Royal Stuart hotel , keep going a bit ) Stelianas Greek so pleanty of choice - enjoy !

5. Re: Nice pub/restaurant close to Derby Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 10:19