We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whatever You Do Don't Go To The White Hart at Duffield

UK
Level Contributor
689 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Whatever You Do Don't Go To The White Hart at Duffield

We have been here a few times because family live near it - the food was quite good but the service was never up to much.

Then one night my brother convinced us to go there for a family meal - around 8 of us and we soent over £300. Again food was ok ish and service rubbish - slow, didn't get drinks orders etc.

Then my mum and dad were out one sunday and decided to pop in for lunch as it was close by. My mum popped to the toilet whilst my Dad got some drinks from the dar and asked for a table. To why the tall guy behind the bar rudely told him that they had no tables - so my dad said not to pour the drinks as they needed to eat - then my Mum came back from the toilet ready to sit down for dinner - and the guy announed that toilets are ONLY FOR CUSTOMERS - and they weren't customers - I think my Dad explained his feeling about the way the guy had went on and the fact the week before they were very happy to take money of us - but this just made us realise even more that this pub is pretentious, ran by rude staff who don't know the meaning of customer service and when there are plenty of nice pubs around, modern and not with better food at the same prices and good customer service, I hope The White Hart realises it won't be long before they are left with only a few stupid customers who have more money than sense.

Never again will I reccomend this lacking pub to anyone with any taste!!!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
522 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whatever You Do Don't Go To The White Hart at Duffield

I drive past it most days but have never been inside.

It doesn't sound like you had a pleasant experience.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whatever You Do Don't Go To The White Hart at Duffield

I have read in the past, and have also been told, that pubs cannot stop people using the toilets if they are not customers. Can anyone confirm this?

UK
Level Contributor
689 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whatever You Do Don't Go To The White Hart at Duffield

No - it wasn't the best - I think that people are just getting used to paying for poor quality food service and atmosphere and just accept it now.

So decided to have a rant!!!!

Re not stopping you using the toilets - not sure where it stands legally.... perhaps they can as it is there property, or perhaps they can't because of some human right thing.... not sure!!! Prob best to just avoid this one at all costs incase theough !!!

Enjoy your day guys

C

North Midlands...
Level Contributor
110 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whatever You Do Don't Go To The White Hart at Duffield

This is a shame because when Kev and Ally (managers about 6-8yrs ago) were there it was very good- I have not been since then and will not be going again.

Thanks for the info .

5. Re: Whatever You Do Don't Go To The White Hart at Duffield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 21:21