We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

Dublin
8 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

Hi there.

I wonder if anybody knows which car rental operators at East Midlands won't require me to take a bus from the airport to wherever it is they keep their cars?

I need to rent a car which I will be returning around midnight and my flight next morning is at 630am. I don't want to have to return to a remote car park in the wee small hours and wait for what at that time is sure to be an infrequent bus to get me to Jurys Inn, where I have a reservation.

Which of the rental companies will allow me to drop off withing a short walk of Jurys, does anyone know?

Thanks very much.

Michael

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

I hardly dare to point out that East Midlands Airport is not in Derby, nor even in Derbyshire. You'll find a "Welcome to Leicestershire" sign at the airport. It is important, though because there is a Jurys Inn in Derby, not to be confused with the Jurys Inn at EMA, The latter is the nearest airport to the terminal and within easy walking distance even with luggage. I've no personal experience of hire cars at the airport but it appears that the compound is a fair way from the terminal but is actually walkable.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

Sorry, for "airport" after Jurys Inn read "hotel"

3. Re: Car Hire at East Midlands Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2018, 15:19