We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoo Close To Derby?

Level Contributor
17 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Zoo Close To Derby?

Is there any zoo/wildlife park close to Derby easily accessible by bus from the Derby bus station? I would like to make it a day trip, so I dont mind it being a 2 hour trip to get there.

Note - I would like a good zoo where animals are in good condition. We are only two people, so entrance fee doesnt matter to me much. Im willing to pay a bit extra if the zoo is better.

Edited: 09 April 2017, 20:51
middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Zoo Close To Derby?

If you are happy to accept journey times in excess of 2 hours you might as well go to London Zoo!

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Zoo Close To Derby?

If you decide on Chester Zoo it is cheaper to book on line beforehand.

Excellent zoo. One of the first in the world to allow animals to roam freely, not in cages. It is the most visited attraction in UK outside London apparently

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Zoo Close To Derby?

The Yorkshire wildlife park is the nearest, others would be a fair old trek. Chester or Whipsnade Zoo?

Level Contributor
3 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Zoo Close To Derby?

Twycross is great but it might be worth contacting a local coach company like Harpur's Coaches as they can transport from Derby Bus Station but also go to other zoos too like Chester

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Zoo Close To Derby?

The Yorkshire wildlife park is meant to be very good, and not that far in terms of distance.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Zoo Close To Derby?

The nearest zoo is Twycross at Ashby-de-la-Zouch.

17. Re: Zoo Close To Derby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2018, 14:17