We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurling Match

Which Limerick hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hurling Match

Are there any hurling matches going on June 26 - June 30 in the Ennis/Shannon/Limerick areas?

Or please let me know if there is a website I can go to with this information.

Thanks!

Cork
Level Contributor
71 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurling Match

check out www.gaa.ie

This is the official website of the Gaelic Athletic Association which organises all of the hurling and gaelic football matches.

This is mainly for inter-county matches, county verses county and the county names are in Irish, so you may need to translate, which would be very easy to find on the internet.

However, smaller local games in the area you are looking for may not be posted on this website, for smaller games (which can often be local rivalries and scores being settled may not be as skillful but would be a bit more heated!!) the best bet is to check local papers when you get to the area as these would not be advertised until closer to the date. Also locals will definately know whats going on!

Ask again if you need more help!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
109 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurling Match

The inter-county games at this time of the year are the "2009 Championship" games.

From …wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Hurli… it seems like you will miss out on those games by a few days, as the intial province games finish up by next weekend 21st (unless there is a replay) and the next round does not start until early July.

Limerick and Clare counties have many hurling teams so as suggested, you could enquire about local club games. Games are generally held at the weekend, typically on Sunday afternoon.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurling Match

just to note that this is a double post. The query has been answered already by a number of people on your other post if you look that up

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurling Match

Thank you for the information! I did post this on the County Clare site as well so I appreciate responses to both.

5. Re: Hurling Match

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 17:22
Get answers to your questions about Limerick