We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking garage at Jurys Inn

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Parking garage at Jurys Inn

Hello, we have reservation at Jurys Inn for 2 nights but read from some older postings that the public parking garage next door to Jurys Inn has very narrow entrance and the parking space may not fit a larger car. Can anyone help with this?

I would like to stay in the city centre but if parking is an issue then I may have to find another hotel. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Jurys Inn Galway
Jurys Inn Galway
2,408 Reviews
Galway, Ireland
Park House Hotel
Park House Hotel
#2 of 46 hotels in Galway
Salthill Hotel
Salthill Hotel
#5 of 46 hotels in Galway
Clybaun Hotel
Clybaun Hotel
#6 of 46 hotels in Galway
Dublin
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking garage at Jurys Inn

The car park can be tight to navigate alright but I never had a problem with the spaces. How big of a car are you going to be driving? Why would you change hotels?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
9,874 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking garage at Jurys Inn

You're going to find parking spaces much tighter here than in the US everywhere you go..

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking garage at Jurys Inn

Because we booked a SUV class for the family, just wondering about the tight space issue I read on past postings. Someone recommended Habour Hotel as an alternative. Comments?!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,062 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking garage at Jurys Inn

Harbour Hotel Parking would be a little better but any enclosed pack and rack parking spaces tend to be tight.. Bear in mind that a Qashqai is actually wider (on the outside) than a VW Mini Bus and yes you might have problems. No Idea why the trend of renting SUV's has become so commonplace, never see any rentals up here where you occasionally need an SUV (in winter)

Mentioned in this post
Harbour Hotel Galway
Harbour Hotel Galway
1,616 Reviews
Galway, Ireland
Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
803 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking garage at Jurys Inn

Having just navigated that particular garage in a compact, I can underscore that it isn't any fun at all - it is an extremely tight garage - nevertheless there were SUVs parked in there. They all took up multiple spaces. You'll need a "man on the outside" to help you.

Edited: 09 July 2017, 23:41
Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
803 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking garage at Jurys Inn

Sorry T65+ I am referring to Jury's Inn, not the Harbour.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking garage at Jurys Inn

Thank you, everyone.

8. Re: Parking garage at Jurys Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2018, 14:17