We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this doable in a day?

Barboursville, West...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is this doable in a day?

Doing some pre-planning...we are leaving Galway and driving to Dingle. I want to make a stop at the Cliffs of Moher. I also would like to stop at Bunratty Castle. I've been looking at Google maps for driving time estimates, but I realize they may not be accurate. There are seven of us traveling in two cars, so that slows things down a bit as well. I'd also love to be able to arrive in Dingle by way of the Conner Pass, but will it be too late in the day? I certainly don't want to make that drive in the dark! Any suggestions on how to pace the day? And if this is too much to cover in one day, I'm open to ideas on what to ditch. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Dingle
Dingle
Dingle Peninsula, Ireland
Bunratty Castle
Bunratty Castle
3,793 Reviews
Bunratty, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,108 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this doable in a day?

Galway to Dingle with an hour at Moher and 2 at Bunratty is easily achievable. I personally think there is a whole lot more to Clare than a 1/2 mile section of Cliffs designated for tourists, The Cliffs and Burren Geo Park covers twice the area of the whole Dingle peninsula but if all people want is a bit of Cliff and a moonscape its their vacation.

Leave Galway head to Ballyvaughan, take a right and follow the coast round Blackhead past Fanore and you have the coast on one side the Moonscape on the other. You arrive in Doolin at Fisher St Then up and visit the Cliffs. From the Cliffs to Bunratty and then on to Dingle over the Connor.

Remember to pre purchase the entry tickets to save some € https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Dingle
Dingle
Dingle Peninsula, Ireland
Bunratty
Bunratty
County Clare, Ireland
County Clare
County Clare
Province of Munster, Ireland
Ballyvaughan
Ballyvaughan
The Burren, Ireland
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Barboursville, West...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this doable in a day?

This is exactly the type of info I like to find and why I love these forums :) I dont mind tourists' sights, but I especially love getting off the beaten path. Thanks for your advice!

3. Re: Is this doable in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2018, 15:18