We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trad on the Prom vs. Shows in Killarney

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trad on the Prom vs. Shows in Killarney

We'll be coming on a CIE tour in August. I'm trying to decide between attending Trad on the Prom or Celtic Steps or Gaelic Roots in Killarney. Has anyone been to two or more of these and can suggest one as being better than another? I'm particularly interested in amazing dancing. Trad on the Prom would require paying for a taxi but the venue looks larger than the ones in Killarney. Is the seating tiered or all on one level? Is photography allowed at Trad on the Prom? Thanks for your help.

Epic Ireland
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Climbing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Galway Tour Company
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Wild Atlantic Way Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
2 replies to this topic
Galway Ireland
Destination Expert
for Connemara, Clare Island, The Burren, County Roscommon, Galway
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trad on the Prom vs. Shows in Killarney

You might see something for free on the streets of Galway during the summer months. If you're in town take a stroll around.

Trad on the Prom:

As opposed to the Galway Bay Hotel it's now being showcased in nearby Leisureland. You can easily hop on the bus from Eyre Square to Salthill and take a taxi back into town.

The seating is all one level but there are tiers at the back. I honestly don't know how it's laid out for the show. I would contact them and see.

Edited: 05 July 2017, 19:57
2. Re: Trad on the Prom vs. Shows in Killarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 July 2017, 05:35
Reply to: Trad on the Prom vs. Shows in Killarney
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now