We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rugby in September????

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
291 reviews
Save Topic
Rugby in September????

I would love to see a Rugby match while visiting Ireland 8-19 Septemeber 2009. I'm in Dublin 8-9 Sept...and then off to the southern half of the country, and back to Dublin on the 18th. I have searched on-line for Rugby Teams and leagues, but no luck.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rugby in September????

Unfortunatly you will miss the home Leinster game. leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/fixtures.php.Due to the success of the team last season there will be huge interest and demand.

I would suggest you try to catch a club match. If you let us know where you are staying, we can suggest what might be handiest for you.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rugby in September????

Ireland has 4 professional teams competing in the Magners Celtic League with teams from Wales and Scotland also in it. Munster (team based in Limerick) are current champions. They also play in the Heineken European Cup. Leinster (team based in Dublin) are current European champions. Ulster (based in Belfast) and Connaught (based in Galway) are the other teams. Some players from these teams also play on the Irish national team who are current 6 Nations Champions.

Unfortunately Leinster are playing a home game the weekend before you arrive and are playing away in Wales when you are there on the 18th.

You have the option to go to see Munster play on the weekend of 11, 12, 13 september against Cardiff Blues in Limerick's Thomond Park Stadium. The exact date and time of the match will be confirmed soon when the tv networks have their shedules for the games worked out.

If possible I would definitely recommend you go to this Munster match. They are a great team and there is always a great atmosphere at their games.

see www.munsterrugby.ie

Chicago
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rugby in September????

Sorry to jump in. Is it fairly easy to catch local games in September? Even a game between school kids or something like that? I'd like stumble upon a quick game in one of the towns we visit, but don't want to revolve my itinerary around it.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rugby in September????

Just going back to the original query I can confirm that Munster Rugby v Cardiff Blues will take place at Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick on Friday 11th September at 19:05. If you are looking for a rugby experience I suggest that you go to this.

This is the first regular season home game but if you organise it in advance you will get tickets. They will most likely have some on ticketmaster once the season ticket sales are confirmed and they know how many general tickets there will be. Keep an eye on the link below.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=munster+rugby&search.x=0&search.y=0

Also keep an eye on the Munster ticket information page which is updated as each game comes closer.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/421_33.php

Alternatively call 00353 (0) 61 421100 for more information or contact our resident Munster fan Beanalainn on the Limerick forum!

5. Re: Rugby in September????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 16:17