We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery shops

malta europe
Level Contributor
82 posts
Grocery shops

Hi I will be visiting Dublin in Dec and staying at the premier inn swords.we are arriving at 6pm.can anybody tell me if I can buy some groceries within walking distance to our hotel ( we are not hiring a car and are travelling with small children )will be much obliged for any advice you can give

13 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,735 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Grocery shops

yes, only a shord distance to the pavillons shopping centre, maybe 15 mins. two supermarkets there....dunnes stores and supervalu. open in the evenings. there is also a spar supermarket in the airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
278 reviews
2. Re: Grocery shops

what kind of things do you need to get? there won't be any cooking facilities in your room. would you not be going out for dinner that evening? then on the Sunday you can take your time and get to the shops then?

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
6,837 posts
1 review
3. Re: Grocery shops

Lol, with small children there are always things to be got!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
14,423 posts
111 reviews
4. Re: Grocery shops

There is a small Spar shop just a few minutes walk from that PI.

https://tinyurl.com/yanv6yrp

malta europe
Level Contributor
82 posts
5. Re: Grocery shops

Thank you so much for the info

malta europe
Level Contributor
82 posts
6. Re: Grocery shops

Milk for one

New Mexico
Level Contributor
14,423 posts
111 reviews
7. Re: Grocery shops

Did you know?

“Kids eat free: up to a maximum of 2 children under 16 (aged 15 and under) can eat breakfast free per adult purchasing a Full Premier Inn Breakfast.. ”

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
228 reviews
8. Re: Grocery shops

THeres also a Tesco in Holywell at the other entrance to the retail park. About a 20 min walk I'd say.

https://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/…

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,328 posts
9. Re: Grocery shops

You say you're visiting Dublin.

Good and all that it is, I hope you're not staying in the PI more than one night.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1 post
80 reviews
10. Re: Grocery shops

If you google where you are staying and check out the maps of the area you will see there is a huge shopping complex right next door to where you are. The Spars and gas stations also have food. Spar is a 40 min walk into town the gas station is across the street from where you are staying. The Dunnes store is a food store/home goods/clothing store that is located up the R132 road (North)and is a 25 min walk straight thru 1 roundabout and on you left. Also looks like you are on a bus route, see the front desk at the hotel they will assist you taking the bus if you need that or a taxi should be a tenner at the most for where you want to go. Best of Luck to you.

Reply to: Grocery shops
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted