We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide between hotel or B & B in Pitlochry.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
27 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to decide between hotel or B & B in Pitlochry.

I posted this on the Scottish Highland forum but thought this might be better.

Our group of 4 are planning on staying one night in Pitlochry. I am trying to decide between 2 rooms at the Fisher Hotel or a family room at the Westlands of Pitlochry? Both come out to about the same price and include breakfast. We are staying the night before the Pitlochry Highlands games so most accommodations require 2 nights. So we are a little limited on locations. Also any recommendations for dinner our one night. Any help will be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Pitlochry
Pitlochry
Perth and Kinross, UK
Fisher's Hotel
Fisher's Hotel
1,384 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
Westlands of Pitlochry
Westlands of Pitlochry
308 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
1 reply
Biggar, United...
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
887 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide between hotel or B & B in Pitlochry.

Hi cardshark98, you may not get many more replies but good luck!

As Woodybark mentioned on the similar post a quick look through the TA reviews will possibly give the widest overall impression of both places you're considering staying. Fisher's Hotel had a fire in January 2017 and have refurbished some rooms since then however I think it remains a traditional looking place which is popular with tour groups. Westlands of Pitlochry looks and sounds better in my view. I haven't stayed at either of them although I've been to Pitlochry a number of times.

For a family meal, as mentioned by Woodybark, probably Victoria's Restaurant on the main street may suit best. We've been to Fern Restaurant, just off the main street, which is fine for a meal for two or an adult group; Port na Craig Inn, by the Theatre, again is quite adult-orientated; The Old Mill Inn, also just off the main street, has okay bar meals and Moulin Inn has good food in a bar setting. The latter is about 1 mile north of the town centre which provides a walk before and after dinner (street lit on pavements) or it's a 5 minute drive.

Mentioned in this post
Fisher's Hotel
Fisher's Hotel
1,384 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
Westlands of Pitlochry
Westlands of Pitlochry
308 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
Victoria's Restaurant
Victoria's Restaurant
2,202 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
The Old Mill Inn
The Old Mill Inn
1,514 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
Moulin Hotel
Moulin Hotel
576 Reviews
Pitlochry, UK
Reply to: Trying to decide between hotel or B & B in Pitlochry.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted