We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Officiant for Elopement

1 post
Save Topic
Wedding Officiant for Elopement

My fiance and I are planning an elopement (just the two of us) in Scotland during the first week of July. We will be getting legally married in the USA just prior to leaving for Scotland (seems less complicated), but we still want a symbolic wedding ceremony where we exchange vows and would need a wedding officiant for this. We are still choosing a venue but it will most likely be near Glasgow. Can anyone recommend a religious officiant? I've searched endlessly online but have had no luck.

4 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Officiant for Elopement

You may need to contact someone from whatever religion you are hoping to invoke as part of your ceremony.

As you will already be married it is more like a renewal of vows - perhaps this site can help scottishcelebrants.org/category/…

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
8,473 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Officiant for Elopement

You should contact the Registrar at the Registrar's office in John Street. They will provide you with a celebrant but you need to apply more than 4 weeks before the wedding date.

BC
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Officiant for Elopement

Do you know about Gretna Green? My hubby had a friend who actually ran off and eloped there.

https://www.gretnagreen.com/weddings

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Officiant for Elopement

If it's a Christian minister you are looking for, I would start with the Church of Scotland:

http://www.presbyteryofglasgow.org.uk/

Reply to: Wedding Officiant for Elopement
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted