We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

Kirkwall, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
75 reviews
Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

Hi TA,

Is there an area of Glasgow to find decent, well priced jewellery? Looking for a silver chain and there is poor choice on our island. Not interested in mall jewellers.

Thanks,

SL

9 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
1. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

Traditionally, Argyll Arcade

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

Wouldn’t you want to keep it local?

www.sheilafleet.com

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,235 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

+1 for http://argyll-arcade.com/ which is also a lovely covered arcade chock full of jewellers

Kirkwall, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

Usually I do but in this instance none of our fine establishments have what I want. They can order something but difficult to match up from a pic I Want to see options.

Besides the shop in town S F now has a fine cafe at the workshop.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

If you are in Glasgow anyway it would be worth a walk through the Argyle Arcade, it’s like a step back in time!

Lots of independents, you might even see something second hand!

Kirkwall, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
75 reviews
6. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

Sounds great...looks like I can combine it with a trip to the Transport Museum or a Riverwalk.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
127 reviews
7. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

I feel you are in the city centre, Orro in the merchant city is worth a look and there is also Argento in Princess Square (which is next to the Argyll arcade).

There are also a number of jewellery manufacturers in Mitchell lane, just the other side of Buchanan street from the Argyll arcade - such as http://harknesspremierjewellers.co.uk

John McIntyre

Glasgow
Level Contributor
16 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

I'd argue that you if you are looking for well-priced jewellery then the Argyll Arcade is maybe not the place to go. There's a lot of High Street jewellers in there and most of the independents are either premium or sell downmarket jewellery at a premium in their lovely windows! (Thinking of one particularly large unit here!)

I'd say your best bet is to go for an independent jewellers- if you google independent jewellers in Glasgow there's lots of options although they might not be as easily accessible as the Argyll Arcade.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
15,041 posts
322 reviews
9. Re: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?

Nancy Smillie Studio shop on the Great Western Road has some stunning handmade jewellery pieces at sensible prices and handbags etc. Just hop on the subway and jump off at Kelvinbridge. Some nice bars and cafes out that way too!

Details: https:/…NecklacesandPendants_128_0_0.html

Reply to: Jewelry Area in Glasgow?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted