We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel near Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nice hotel near Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre

Hi Guys,

I have booked a surprise night at Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre for my Wife & I on 14.5.11

I have arranged the theatre tickets but I am struggling to find a nice hotel within reasonable walking distance.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel/B&B for no more than £100?

Your help would be greatly appreciated..

Kind Regards,

Scooby

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel near Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre

Within walking distance the Apex Waterloo is the best quality but may be out of your price range- you get better deals if you stay for more than one night? Worth a look anyway.

On Royal Terrace just round the corner from the Theatre there are a number of older style hotels more likely to be within your budget: the Terrace, Royal Terrace, Ballantrae Albany.

Across the road from the Playhouse is the Holiday Inn Express (Picardy Place) - upper end of budget type hotel.

Within 10 minutes walk there are the King James Thistle hotel, Waverley hotel, Royal British and the Ramada Mount Royal all at the East end of Princes street.

You will have to read the reviews and make up your own mind!

Edited: 09 March 2011, 09:39
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,295 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel near Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre

The Glasshouse is the closest, and nicest, but well above your price range.

The Parliament House Hotel is just round the corner on Calton Hill, and has doubles £95-200. Says it's 3*** but looks pleasant enough.

http://www.parliamenthouse-hotel.co.uk/

As well as the Apex there is a Travelodge on Waterloo Place. If you can get a room for £45 then that's a nice contribution towards dinner at Howie's almost next door.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel near Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre

There are inexpensive hotels and B & B's on Windsor Street; 3/4 minutes walk from the Playhouse.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel near Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre

Thanks guys for all your advice.

I've managed to get us booked up now. Your help has been kindly appreciated!

Regards,

Scooby

5. Re: Nice hotel near Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:18