We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

Hi everyone, I would like to share my planning for this and see if you find it reasonable or if I can add some things maybe I haven´t noticed!

I´m expecting to get to Belfast the 14th of September, Thursday at 11:15. I have a few hours that day that maybe I could use to explore the center, City Hall, and harbour at night maybe.

Friday 15th I was thinking about taking any bus tour to Giant´s Causeway, so the day would be almost full, but at night I would like to have a pint somewhere. Any suggestions for a lonely traveler? I would appreciate some traditional music and ambient

Saturday 16th I´m going to see the Giants Belfast at the SSE at 19:00 (I love ice hockey!) so I could use the morning and afternoon to take a walk along the walls. I know there is an interesting Black Cab Tour, but my English listening is not so accurate and I don´t know if it would be worthy. In addition, I think I´d like to do it at my own pace. Anyway, what do you think about it?

Sunday 17th would be my last day there, I was thinking of going to Derry and see the walls there. Maybe in the afternoon I could search for some street art in Belfast or get to the Titanic experience. Not really sure.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Irish Tour Tickets
City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Film & TV Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
McComb's Coach Travel
Film & TV Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Finn McCools Tours
Film & TV Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
The Irish Tour Guide
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
55 replies to this topic
County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

You want the Cathedral Quarter for bars and music, of all kinds. Check out some of the threads on here for the best bars. I like The Dirty Onion and The John Hewitt. If you don't fancy the Black Cab tour try the Hop on Hop off bus. You can see the city sights and get on and off as often as you like.

If you do visit Derry both the train and bus take around 2 hours with the train being a few minutes longer. I would recommend the train purely for the scenery. Take a walk round the walls on your own or take the Martn McCrossan tour, well worth it.

belfastvibe.com/big-stories/…

https://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Mart…

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

Thanks Tony S! Looks like a good idea to take a tour with MartinMcCrossan.

The Hop on Hop off bus could be a nice idea, too, I´ve just look and it´s not so expensive. Maybe I would like to visit Crumlin Road Gaol too, but is it mandatory to book in advance? It´s difficult to know the hour I could be there.

I don´t have a lot of time to organise this trip, so probably I´m skipping something that could be interesting. If you think there´s something I could be missing please let me know! :)

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,480 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

I don't think going to Derry your last full day makes sense. I would stick to the area you will leave the airport from that day.

County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

No mention of time or date of return flight, so you may be right. Airporter have frequent and regular buses to and from both main airports.

http://airporter.co.uk/

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

Sorry, I forgot yo say that actually I'm leaving on Monday, so I have the entire Sunday to do stuff

Edited: 29 August 2017, 19:52
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

well on sundays if you took the train to Derry/Londonderry it is only £7 all day anywhere in Northern Ireland on the train

our public transport buses and trains are run by Translink (www.translink.co.uk) here in Northern Ireland

ask for a "Day Tracker" ticket at the station and you can jump on and off at your leisure, you can catch the train to Derry-Londonderry from Great Victoria st or central station in Belfast (though Great Vic st is more "central" than central station") this takes two hrs on the train to derry....

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

Fantastic Quietlifeni, nice info! Also thanks to Tony S and Jordansbulls :)

Edited: 30 August 2017, 01:08
County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

When you are walking the Walls in Derry don't forget to visit the Tower Museum, and if you have time a walk over the Peace Bridge.

https:/…Tower-Museum-Londonderry-Derry-P2910

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,523 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

Using the daytracker could stop off at Castlerock and take a walk to visit Mussenden Temple. Or take a side trip from Coleraine to the seaside town of Portrush.

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?

Cool Tony S! Peace Bridge looks beautiful, and I´ll research a little more about Tower Museum. By the way I wrote to Martin McCrossan Tours to see if theay got something that could fit my plans.

Hi Drumlough, I saw some pics and how nice is Mussenden Temple! I definitely would like to get there. Portrush looks wonderful too, but I´m not sure if I dare to make some intermediate stops. I´ll think about it!

Thanks for your help guys! :)

Reply to: Traveling alone, almost 4 days, any additions to my plan?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted