We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Real ale

Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Real ale

Second question, more interesting hopefully. Best real ale pubs in Cathedral Quarter?

Cheers

28 replies to this topic
County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Real ale

You only get one go at this life, make the most of it. :-)

Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Real ale

Loved my time in Belfast. Friendliest place I've ever been. Thought I knew quite a bit about the history, but will go away with new thoughts. Did the Falls/Shankhill tour 3 times. First time round I was really shocked. No wonder people here drink and dance. I will return

County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Real ale

Nice one, so glad you enjoyed it and are leaving with good thoughts.. Hurry back and bring some friends next time. :-)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Real ale

"It doesn't seem to matter once the music gets going"

Good beer always matters.

Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Real ale

"Good beer always matters."

Never a truer word has been spoken! Although a decent Guinness still qualifies as good beer in my book.

Hophouse is an improvement for big-brewery lager. At least it tastes of beer.

Think of it as MacBeer, rather than Gourmet Beer. It has its role to fulfill.

Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Real ale

The Crown did the best ale of any pub we went in. It's a great pub. The Duke of York, Dirty Onion, Kelly's Cellars all good. Robinsons/Fibbers great too. I love good real ale, but I loved the experience more. I reckon you'll catch up with the cask soon. Took a while in England to get going again in most places too.

Glenavy, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Real ale

You'd get ales in Wetherspoons,you may come across some bottles in a few pubs but as mentioned,ales aren't a big thing here.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Real ale

For anyone who's interested and is about town this evening, Boundary Brewery on the Newtownards Road has a taproom at the end of every month and is open this evening. It is without doubt the best beer that Northern Ireland is producing at the moment. You will NOT any get guinness or h******e 13... (thankfully).

https:/…taproom-30-june

Reply to: Real ale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Belfast