We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Fagans bus

Huntington Park...
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
St Fagans bus

We enjoyed strolling through St Fagans yesterday. We took the bus from the stop on Westgate. The next stop was just around the corner in front of the Holiday Inn. I'm posting because I couldn't find the round-trip fare on web sites. In case anyone is interested, it is £3.40. The driver was able to make change if necessary.

By the way, we missed a few buildings we wished we had seen because we didn't use the map to plan our route as well as we might have. Still it was a pleasant and informative experience. Don't miss the Iron Age hut!

4 replies to this topic
Wales
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Fagans bus

You're right, it's not particularly clear on the Cardiff Bus website. Essentially, if you want to make more than one journey in a day - including a round/return trip - it's the Day to Go ticket you want.

https://www.cardiffbus.com/on-the-bus-fares

Edit: I've just realised that you mention the driver gave change. That suggests you almost certainly weren't on a Cardiff Bus bus as they notoriously don't give change (although you can pay contactless now)

Edited: 12 May 2018, 19:49
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,199 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Fagans bus

32A Easyway bus probably?

It's a shame there isn't a website that makes it easy to see options and fares (which is what the Traveline Cymru website should do, but doesn't very well).

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,292 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Fagans bus

Thank you for posting this. I'm sure that the information on the bus stops and the fare will be useful to others.

Yes, it does sound like the 32A to me.

Huntington Park...
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Fagans bus

Yes, it was the 32A Easybus. I had read about needing exact change for the city buses, which is why I was trying to find out the fare.

Reply to: St Fagans bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted