We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
49 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

Has anyone had experiences with using Uber to travel from Heathrow to Windsor? Thanks.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,680 Reviews
from USD 122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,252 Reviews
from USD 125.10*
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
1,113 Reviews
from USD 78.50*
17 replies to this topic
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

Much easier to use a Windsor based taxi company like 5Star - if you use Uber you will have to go to a car park and find your driver and a Windsor based company will be able to drive you to Windsor without the use of SatNav

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,444 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

And they will meet you in arrivals with your name on a board which as mentioned Uber cannot do!

Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

Any idea on cost? Taxi terminal 2, 2 adults ...

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

Why not ask 5-star rather than us - https://5starwindsor.com/contact-us/ .

If cost is important to you, be aware that there is a bus service from Terminal 5 to Windsor which will probably cost approx. £5 per person to use.

P-t-B

New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,633 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

We traveled with Windsor Cars.

Cost for you probably around £25

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,125 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

There's also a free bus that goes between terminals so you can catch the onward bus to Windsor.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,805 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

A pre-booked car service will take roughly 20 minutes, and about £25.

A bus will take about 40 minutes, though the cost is less.

5Star and Windsor Cars are both reputable companies operating out of Windsor.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

Can I ask a question here regarding how long does it take to get through immigration with a non eu passport? The taxi company has quoted an hour that they will wait thenits £18 per hour thereafter

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,444 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

No definitive answer to that as a) depends how many staff are working b) volume of traffic flying into Heathrow which is always busy.

However as a guide around one hour is about right though personally have had experience of up to 1 hour 40 minutes a few days ago (non Euro passport)

Again the time of arrival could have some bearing as late at night it's often quicker,though the quote I gave was a 2130 arrival

Who have you got a quote from???

Blackberry Cars,Addison Lee and Parker Cars are often mentioned on here and they usually track your flight.

Staines, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor

I tend to take Ubers from Windsor to Heathrow and back. Costs are all dependant on traffic conditions but my last drop off at Heathrow cost £16.64 (no traffic). Pick up from Heathrow is a bit more expensive as they add on the parking fee (about £4.80) and I pay around £20 to £26 most times.

I've not had surge prices on any of my trips to and from Heathrow. I once ordered an Uber about 4am to Heathrow and two drivers cancelled but a third was found quite quickly.

Depending on which terminal you land at, I would order the Uber after you get through security and by the time you go to the meeting point (one of the levels in the car park) they will be about 5/10 mins away. I've had a few drivers call me after I book to check I know where to go and if I am ready to be picked up as they will wait a short distance away.

Reply to: Uber from Heathrow to Windsor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Windsor