We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland during royal ascot

Flintshire, UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Legoland during royal ascot

We are due to arrive at Legoland hotel Thursday 20th June and are staying two nights, travelling back home teatime on Saturday 22nd June. We have only just realised that it’s the same time as Royal Ascot. Is it likely to be issue regarding traffic in the area due to this? My husband seems to think it’s going to be a nightmare. I’m wondering whether the Legoland park would be quieter as people may avoid it due to this?

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,680 Reviews
from USD 122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,252 Reviews
from USD 125.10*
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
1,113 Reviews
from USD 78.50*
3 replies to this topic
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London, Windsor
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legoland during royal ascot

If you're staying there, it'll be no problem, but some traffic will be diverted via Legoland - worst times will be the hour or two before races start, and after they finish (sorry; don't know timings). If you arrive late morning / early afternoon you should be ok.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legoland during royal ascot

It took one of the cars in our group an hour just to get off the car park at Legoland when the races weren't on and we queued all the way to the motorway. That said, it was a week day and October half term and we left as the park was about to close which probably made it worse!

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London, Windsor
Level Contributor
7,997 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legoland during royal ascot

I take it mostly all back. My 35 minute journey to Windsor took over an hour on Monday, but I was travelling at 11am. My return journey when the racing was taking place took the normal time. Oh, and my re-re-re-re-routed route took me past Legoland with no traffic heading towards it whatsoever!

Reply to: Legoland during royal ascot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Windsor