We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

HONG KONG
Level Contributor
205 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

Kids have been to many aquariums and Disneyland Tokyo and HK as well as some local themeparks in Seoul and Taiwan. Read mixed reviews of Legoland, so I am not sure if we should go. If it isn't because of the name "Lego," I would have skipped it. E.g. I wasn't impressed with Lotte World in Seoul, neither were the kids. So if Legoland is really as run down, then...

Any advice? Tickets are not cheap, so want to save up if it's not worth it.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,662 Reviews
from USD 122.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,249 Reviews
from USD 112.50*
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
1,109 Reviews
from USD 78.50*
10 replies to this topic
HONG KONG
Level Contributor
205 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

One more question. We will be going on a weekday during the summer in early August. Is it usually crowded during that time of the year on a weekday? How much time should we allow ourselves there? I am hoping to do Windsor Castle and Legoland in one day.

Thanks!

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
2,060 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

You are going in the main Summer School Holidays - so yes its likely to be busy. If you intend to both places in one day - go to Castle first, that way you wont have the problem of getting the children out!

The Link may give you a feel for the place

https:/…offers-and-deals.html

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,802 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

I think your kids might enjoy Harry Potter World more. At 10, my son, although still into Legos, thought the park was too "babyish."

It is geared more for elementary age kids.

Hitting Windsor Castle early is also probably not the best idea, as that is when the coach tours arrive. Even the official website advises you to try and come later--10:30.

Lots of other things to do in Windsor. You can rent a boat on the river Thames, walk into Windsor Great Park, or explore Eton across the bridge.

england
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

Unless your children are great Lego fans they are getting a bit old to enjoy it. August is school holiday time so it's crowded every day and manic at weekends.

Thorpe Park or maybe Chessington might be more appealing https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/uk/them… or HArry Potter if you can get tickets.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

We had a pass to various theme parks in the UK group for a couple of years when my daughter was 4-6, maybe 7. My daughter hasn't asked to go back to Legoland (though she had a great time then). August is likely to be hellish.

Find something else for them to do.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

My son loved his day at legoland last year with his friends. They are all in their early 20s.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

I think they would enjoy Thorpe Park a lot more. Legoland is really for younger children. In August it will be very busy and everything in there is expensive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

As others have said, Legoland is mainly aimed at younger kids, with many of the rides being quite gentle/tame. Also due to queues it does really need a full day to get on a reasonable number of rides.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,802 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

Check the height limitations for Thorpe Park. My son had only a few rides he could go on.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?

We were in legoland just now with two kids 7 and 11. It is really for the younger ones, even the 7 year was just about the right age and too old.. I would not recommended to do Windsor castle and Legoland in one day. If you have been in many other parks skip Legoland. It is expensive for what it offer and crowded. We got Q-bots to get more of it but it is pricey. There is not so many Lego things, the miniland and the Star wars. Nice to see it at foiirst but get bored very quickly.

Reply to: Legoland for 10 and 12 years old?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Windsor