We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Windsor to Gatwick

Morrisville, Vermont
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Windsor to Gatwick

I'll be in Windsor, in October 2018, and will need to get to Gatwick Airport by 7 AM. Any suggestions for public transport?

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,677 Reviews
from USD 122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,251 Reviews
from USD 125.10*
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and...
1,112 Reviews
from USD 78.50*
6 replies to this topic
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,815 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Windsor to Gatwick

Taxi to Heathrow, National Express coach to Gatwick. I'd suggest taking the taxi to T5

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
2,060 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Windsor to Gatwick

I would suggest you go down to Gatwick the night before, using the coach as suggested already.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
10,983 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Windsor to Gatwick

+1 for travelling the night before. Plenty of hotels at Gatwick with several attached to the Terminals.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,804 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Windsor to Gatwick

Anything can and will happen in traffic. Windsor is convenient for Heathrow, not so much for Gatwick.

Think about staying near Gatwick the night before, as other posters have mentioned.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London, Windsor
Level Contributor
7,996 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Windsor to Gatwick

You'd need to leave Windsor by 6am at the latest, and that's driving. Goodness knows what time you'd have to be up and out to do the journey by public transport. Add another one to the chorus of stay at Gatwick overnight and give yourself an extra hour in bed.

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Windsor to Gatwick

The route you take can largely depend on how many travelling. If you were to get a taxi, with 5 Star Taxis, or similar, the cost is £55.00.

In my own experience, travelling to Heathrow and then using the National Express coach to Gatwick is not an awful lot cheaper if there are more than one of you.

The full public transport option would be by train, from Windsor & Eton Riverside train station to Clapham Junction, and then take the Gatwick Express. You would need to take the 05:53 train from Windsor, with a quick connection at Clapham Junction that would have you arrive at Gatwick at 07:07

For unfamiliar journeys, I would always look at www.rome2rio.com for options

Reply to: Travel from Windsor to Gatwick
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Windsor