We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mondays in Stratford

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Mondays in Stratford

I'm looking for something fabulous to do on a Monday for my fiancé's birthday in Stratford-Upon-Avon or the surrounding areas. We are spending the weekend in the town and visiting the theatre on the Saturday night. It seems like most of the best restaurants are closed on Monday so does anyone have any ideas as to what we could do for a romantic and memorable day?

Many thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Cheshire - England
Level Contributor
733 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mondays in Stratford

Well if its places to visit I would personally save going to Shakespeare's Birth Place until the Monday but I would make sure that I got their early say 9.15 am before the tour groups start to arrive. They have actors there who will recite bits of Shakespeare for you so if you want something romantic you only have to ask them!

For eating out there is a great choice and I guess that if you have been around the town over the weekend you will have been able to evaluate which places that you like and the nice thing is that most places are close to the centre and it's all very walkable.

Not to sure if you could rate these a fabulous but the Birthplace is certainly very special, not stuffy and fun to look round.

Edited: 01 June 2018, 02:33
Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mondays in Stratford

Plenty of tour groups at 9.15 at Shakespeare's Birthplace especially from China

I know as I go to the library next door

they start out very early probably visiting a few other towns in a day

London, United...
Level Contributor