We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cake shops near Lavenham

Argyll and Bute...
Level Contributor
8 posts
90 reviews
62 helpful votes
Cake shops near Lavenham

Hi - am going to be staying in Lavenham in September and want to put on a lunch & tea for my parent's wedding anniversary. Can anyone tell me where I can buy individual cream cakes / cheesecakes in the area i.e. Long Melford/Sudbury (sort of Patisserie Valerie type - nearest of those is in Colchester) as I believe Lavenham only has a Coop?

4 replies to this topic
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,392 posts
89 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Cake shops near Lavenham

Hi,

This might be a bit further away than you want but there is a tearooms in Woolpit who cater for private parties that may be able to help.

Tea Cups Tea Rooms

The Street

Woolpit

BURY St Edmunds, IP30 9QH

O7503 889506 (between 10am and 4pm)

01359 240875 The owner's home phone

Maybe worth contacting if you don't get any closer/better replies.

Bob

Argyll and Bute...
Level Contributor
8 posts
90 reviews
62 helpful votes
2. Re: Cake shops near Lavenham

Thank you! Went to Woolpit last time I was down so I know where you mean as I was gutted that when I was too late for lunch everywhere else that I didn't notice the tea rooms before buying a sandwich out of the Coop!!

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
716 posts
141 reviews
72 helpful votes
3. Re: Cake shops near Lavenham

There is a bakery just behind the Guildhall which sells pretty cakes. There is no website, but you could phone for a chat to find out if they have what you want, and order ready for the day.

https:/…

Its called Sparling and Faiers, and you could buy you bread and rolls there too.

Edited: 14 August 2016, 03:44
Argyll and Bute...
Level Contributor
8 posts
90 reviews
62 helpful votes
4. Re: Cake shops near Lavenham

Great - thanks for the info - we are getting down there a couple of days before so shall pop in to see what they have - would prefer to shop local & have been told the butchers there is great too. Thanks again!

Reply to: Cake shops near Lavenham
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lavenham