We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lavenham at christmas.. please help

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
lavenham at christmas.. please help

We are trying to book accom at lavenham for xmas 2014.. but cannot find anything!!!! can anybody help? we cannot travel until 24th dec , it seems that owners will not accpet us unless the break starts at 21st or 28th dec, we want 7 days. does anybody know of accom that can do this.. would be so very very grateful as first christmas off in 18 years and Lavenham looks so amazing.. cant do anything close by it must be Lavenham Thank you very much

6 replies to this topic
Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: lavenham at christmas.. please help

We always stay near Lavenham between Christmas and New Year and it is a magical place - but not a large one and I can see why you might have problems.

My only suggestion is that you contact the Lavenham Tourist Board as they may well have a list of B&Bs that don't have websites, and you could see if anything suits you.

If you get really, really stuck then do look at Long Melford, also very picturesque, and Clare or Cavendish, both lovely places.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
18,816 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: lavenham at christmas.. please help

If you look on www.booking.com it will bring up several hotels. They are not cheap, but of course it is Christmas. If you widen your search to up to 6 miles outside Lavenham there are more. I did a dummy booking and they were available for the dates you requested.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: lavenham at christmas.. please help

Thank you will definaltey look at those places suggested.. we dont want a hotel or B&B, we want our own cottage. Im still trying and maybe a b&b until the 27th if all else fails thak you very mcuh for your help

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
700 posts
139 reviews
4. Re: lavenham at christmas.. please help

Change over day is usually Saturday, sometimes Fridays, but never Wednesdays. you are potentially asking them to split both weeks which is difficult for them at Christmas. But if they still have the slots available they might consider it. Phone them and have a chat but be prepared to offer to pay a premium for two half weeks, as it would be for them, and also for waiting up for you on Christmas Eve.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: lavenham at christmas.. please help

Ah, hadn't realised you were only after a self catering place.

The big, popular country cottage sites tend to be rigid in their dates, but I would also suggest you trawl through sites for individual cottages and then see if you can negotiate as suggested above. Time consuming but you might get lucky.

For instance discoverlavenham.co.uk/self-catering-and-hol… has several cottages listed with individual websites.

uk
Level Contributor
1 post
73 reviews
6. Re: lavenham at christmas.. please help

It's a tricky date I'm afraid. Grove cottages www.grove-cottages.co.uk. have a few places and are well worth a look, but they do 22 - 29 Dec at that time. Check out The Tryst www.thetryst.co.uk for a sample of what's available. Sorry not to have the full solution for you, but hopefully this will help a little. Lavenham is an outstanding choice for Christmas though!

Reply to: lavenham at christmas.. please help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lavenham