We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

keen photographer coming to stay for a few days

essex
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
keen photographer coming to stay for a few days

Hi I'm a keen photographer and will be spending a few days in Lavenham in early August.I spent a couple of hours here last September [on my way home] and loved the place.Very photogenic.Any must see's that i should visit while i'm in the area.I have been to Flatford Mill and loved it. Regards Steve

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: keen photographer coming to stay for a few days

Hi

You are not far from the Suffolk coast - Aldeburgh, Thorpeness, Orford (with its castle) are all lovely.

Just up the road from Lavenham is Long Melford. The Bull is all beams and uneven walls - very pretty.

Lavenham and Long Melford both have superb medieval 'wool' churches, as do most of the surorunding villages.

The villages of Clare, Cavendish, Polstead etc are all picture postcard pretty.

I especially like Kersey with its ford running across the main street.

There's Kentwell Hall, and Long Melford Hall too.

About 20 minutes drive away you have Bury St Edmunds (my home town). Abbey ruin, Cathedral, Norman Tower, Angel Hill - plenty to enjoy.

Hope this helps! The local beer is good too! (Greene King and Adnams).

M

essex
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: keen photographer coming to stay for a few days

Hi M

That's plenty to be going on with. That's very helpful of you.Many thank's Steve

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
3. Re: keen photographer coming to stay for a few days

Hi

Just a thought. Whilst in the area how about visiting Britain's oldest recorded town, Colchester. www.camulos.com will give you plenty of information on what to see and photograph.

Tony

essex
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: keen photographer coming to stay for a few days

Thank's very much. I will try and fit it in.

Steve

Get answers to your questions about Lavenham