We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with lifts

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Hotels with lifts

Can anyone recommend a hotel for me to stay with my elderly mum who struggles with stairs, so prerably with a lift or on the ground floor?

7 replies to this topic
Newtown, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Hotels with lifts

Premier inn in the middle of town with good parking on the opposite side of the river - £4 for the day i think.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
98 reviews
2. Re: Hotels with lifts

Most hotels will be able to cater for disabled people who want to only use ground floor rooms or lifts, so an elderly person would be no different.

If you want to check specifically hotels which have lifts - use a website like Trivago.com and on the "filters" tab you can check "lifts" and this will give you all hotels with a lift.

However, I'd make sure you contact hotels directly to make sure lifts go to ALL floors and are currently working. I think most people have stayed in hotels with an out of order lift etc.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,552 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Hotels with lifts

Prince rupert hotel.

Atb steve

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
4. Re: Hotels with lifts

You would be best staying at Premier Inn if stairs are an issue for you.I have stayed in "older" hotels in Shrewsbury and around the county and even where there is a lift, you come across short flights of stairs in corridors.You could also deal directly with the hotel by phone instead of using one of the booking websites.thats how we do it now,price is the same and you know exactly what you will get.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
5. Re: Hotels with lifts

Sorry, meant to add enjoy your trip,Shrewsbury and surrounds lovely place to visit!

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
669 reviews
6. Re: Hotels with lifts

I would recommend the Premier Inn, which is in the town centre.

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Hotels with lifts

Thank you, I have booked Premier Inn as they do accessible rooms 🙂

Reply to: Hotels with lifts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Shrewsbury
Recent Conversations