We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Hire

cambs
Level Contributor
545 posts
91 reviews
Boat Hire

Anyone know a good place to hire a boat on the Thames for say half-a-day. Ideally within striking distance of Henley.

4 mature but inexperienced sailors

looking for something comfortable and easy to sail\drive on a nice scenic but safe stretch of water

thanks

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Boat Hire

Hobbs Boathouse (about 350 yards west of the bridge) will sort you out with an assortment of motor launches or rowing boats

www.hobbsofhenley.com/boat-hire-rental-henley

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Boat Hire

You refer to looking for something easy to sail/drive. There are unlikely to be any sailing dinghies for rent anywhere near Henley and no reputable company anywhere would hire out a sailing boat to 4 inexperienced sailors. That would be a recipe for disaster. Stick to motor boats.

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Boat Hire

Motor boaters always talk of "sailing" and never "driving".

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Boat Hire

Well, I don't. I sail when I'm at the helm of a dinghy or yacht, I drive when I'm at the wheel of a powered craft.

5. Re: Boat Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2017, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Henley-on-Thames
Recent Conversations