We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Henley to Heathrow

Seattle, Washington
1 post
transportation from Henley to Heathrow

We are arriving by rail to HOT on a Tuesday and plan to visit the rowing museum. Later that same day we are going to Heathrow Terminal 4. The train is expensive. Is there a bus from HOT to Heathrow?

5 replies to this topic
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,855 posts
79 reviews
1. Re: transportation from Henley to Heathrow

Maybe not directly from Henley-on-Thames, but you can take a local bus to Reading and the airport bus from there. However, unless you have passes or discounts, the Reading Rail Air bus costs £17 each, and you would have to add the cost of the local bus to Reading. The train---with a transfer to the Heathrow Connect at Hayes & Harlington--- costs £17.20.

We did that trip by train last October after a couple of nights at Henley and it was fine. But maybe the locals will have some alternate ideas or suggestions.

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,630 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: transportation from Henley to Heathrow

Henley - Twyford - Hayes & Harlington - Heathrow is probably the best way to do it, unless you get a local taxi firm to take you.

Alternatively you could get off the train at Slough and take bus 75, 76, 77 or 78 to the airport. The bus would be about £5.

London, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
3. Re: transportation from Henley to Heathrow

Where are you starting from that day? If it is somewhere in or near London you may be able to buy an Off-peak Day Return to HOT for just a little more than a Single (typically only 10p more) and it will cover your journey back to Slough or Hayes & Harlington, leaving just a small extra fare from there to Heathrow.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: transportation from Henley to Heathrow

Henley on Thames to LHR is approx 25 miles by road, I would arrange for a Henley based taxi company to take you all with the luggage directly to the airport terminal.

I estimate the cost would be £30 -£40.

Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
5. Re: transportation from Henley to Heathrow

My advice to anybody travelling from Heathrow Airport to Henley on Thames is NOT to use the route provided by National Rail Enquiries as it encourages you to use the Heathrow Express from Heathrow to Paddington. Instead, take the regular Tube (Picadilly Line) from Heathrow to Paddington via Hammersmith or Earls Court and get to Paddington that way. Then get the train to Henley on Thames. It will be much cheaper and may not be much longer.

In fact the same goes for any rail journey from Heathrow. On another occasion, National Rail Enquiries advised me to take the Heathrow Express to Padddington to get to Liverpool Street Station. Instead I took the tube (Picadilly Line) to Holborn and then the Central Line to Liverpool Street which was much cheaper and few minutes (not much!) faster.

Reply to: transportation from Henley to Heathrow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Henley-on-Thames
Recent Conversations