We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Henley luggage storage

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Henley luggage storage

We would like to take the train in to Henley for the day to see the regatta. Is there anywhere secure that we can leave our overnight bags? From Henley we would like to make our way to the Cotswolds for a couple of days. Any suggestions on where to stay? I am guessing Henley will be booked up. We will not have a car.

Thank you for your advise!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,428 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Henley luggage storage

Book a hotel in Henley and leave your bags there.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
15,807 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Henley luggage storage

Hotels at Henley are booked up long before the regatta, particularly for the weekend, but you might look at The Great House at Sonning or the more expensive Compleat Angler at Marlow. Both are comfortable hotels, both are on the River Thames, and a taxi from either would work well, but I would think of arranging the return taxi beforehand.

Alternatively, stay at a hotel in Reading and take the train to and from Henley.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,859 posts
235 reviews
3. Re: Henley luggage storage

I'm with gardengirlie--Marlow is a good choice.

However, getting into town by road will be challenging. Don't expect the journey to be quick.

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
5,851 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Henley luggage storage

If you choose to stay in Marlow, then take the bus to the regatta (800/850 service with Arriva Bus, x80 with Carousel bus) - you will get stuck in traffic, so rather than watch the taxi meter climbing while enjoying the view, just pay the flat fare on the bus, which will take the same route.

There are other accommodation options in Marlow including a Premier Inn and the Crowne Plaza. Nearby High Wycombe will have bus and train options to Oxford, or you can take the train from Marlow, but this will involve changes at Maidenhead and Reading, so will be longer.

I would stay in Reading, more choice of hotels (at cheaper prices) more trains to Henley (change at Twyford) and easy to take the train to Oxford or Moreton-in-Marsh the next day.

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,655 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Henley luggage storage

Reading is a good choice for the Regatta. It has numerous hotels (which will be cheaper than Henley, and unlike Henley will still have availability at Regatta time). There are also late night buses back from Henley to Reading on Regatta days operated by Reading Buses.

The Malmaison, Ibis and Novotel are all a very short walk of Reading Station, or try the Forbury if you want luxury. There are other options as well including a Penta, Crowne Plaza, two Premier Inns and an out-of-town Hilton.

Also as noted, you can catch a train to the Cotswolds from Reading, or hire a car there.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Henley luggage storage

Thank you everyone! It appears Henley hotels are booked up. I will try Reading and train down for the day.

7. Re: Henley luggage storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2018, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Henley-on-Thames
Recent Conversations