We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving between hexham and edinburgh

England
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
driving between hexham and edinburgh

I'll be driving from Hexham to Edinburgh, hoping to arrive late afternoon-ish but I can set off any time in the morning. I hear it's a pretty drive. How long do you think it'll take and can anyone recommend somewhere nice for lunch or some sights to see on the way?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: driving between hexham and edinburgh

I would knock it off in 2 hours going straight up the A68 - but then I know where the "dodgy" bits are.

I'd allow 3 hours but if you find someone trying to get past it's probably me so let me past.

Unfortunately there aren't many places to stop that are sufficiently far from Hexham but aren't close to Edinburgh. The only place I can think of is at the border viewpoint but it's only a van offering bacon butties and the like

2. Re: driving between hexham and edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2009, 17:32
Get answers to your questions about Hexham
Recent Conversations