We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inn Duke St or a Holiday Inn for a weekend stay?

Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Premier Inn Duke St or a Holiday Inn for a weekend stay?

Hello I'm heading to Norwich for work business for a couple of days next month. I'm looking to stay at the Premier Inn on duke Street or Holiday Inn next to Norwich City football club. Which hotel is closer to the rail station and have better rooms and do nice breakfast and evening meals

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
186 reviews
1. Re: Premier Inn Duke St or a Holiday Inn for a weekend stay?

Holiday Inn is closer to station than Duke St PI, but there is another PI (Nelson, Prince of Wales road) near the station, but also in the heart of clubland.

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
693 posts
139 reviews
2. Re: Premier Inn Duke St or a Holiday Inn for a weekend stay?

Yep, Holiday Inn is nearer to the station, but the Dukes Street Premier Inn is lovely and only a £6 taxi ride away. Its quiet, friendly and does food, but from there you can access the local area and experience the best of Norwich. Eg hop over the river to the wonderful Playhouse Bar, take in a film at the independent Cinema City, wander allong St Benedicts and up through The Lanes for a fantastic choice in shops, wine bars and restaurants. Breakfast and early morning coffee in The Lanes is good.

Edited: 24 June 2015, 05:34
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
186 reviews
3. Re: Premier Inn Duke St or a Holiday Inn for a weekend stay?

For Duke St, I have recommended this place for breakfast in the past, but I haven't been for a few years. It's right opposite the Playhouse, mentioned by Floridge.

tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186342-d34…

4. Re: Premier Inn Duke St or a Holiday Inn for a weekend stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2016, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Norwich
Recent Conversations