We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport arrangements from Norwich to Gatwick

Norwich, United...
1 post
Transport arrangements from Norwich to Gatwick

Hi. My husband and I are flying to Spain in October. It is our first ever trip in the air and we would like to make the experience trouble free by not driving to Gatwick by car. We thought we may go by coach from Norwich or even by train. Can you please advise as to the easiest way to arrive at Gatwick? Many thanks.

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Transport arrangements from Norwich to Gatwick

Time wise the train seems to be better.

National Express from Norwich are giving a 6 hour journey (you probably know this already)

www.nationalrail.co.uk are giving 3 hours plus.

There will be those that have more train station knowledge in London but the national rail give a journey Norwich to Stratford,underground to London Bridge train to LGW.

Don't know how much luggage you plan to take but you will have the underground to contend with and maybe hauling luggage round is not to your taste

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,194 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Transport arrangements from Norwich to Gatwick

Hi Linda and welcome,

Here is a link to National express to Gatwick North. There are some coaches with no changes and some with one change. I made a dummy booking for single tickets on 5th October. Note that the earlier you book the cheaper it is.

Whether you find a 6 hour coach trip relaxing is something only you (and your husband!) can answer.

…nationalexpress.com/nxbooking/journey-list#

A train journey is much more expensive, again the earlier you book the cheaper it gets but you can only book about twelve weeks in advance. The train journey involves two changes and takes about three hours.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bob

PS We live in Lowestoft and personally I find it more relaxing to drive to Gatwick. If we have a early flight we drive down overnight and park at the airport. If we have a later flight we drive down in the evening and book an hotel with "free" parking.

PPS My post overlapped the previous one

Edited: 16 May 2015, 04:59
Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
693 posts
139 reviews
3. Re: Transport arrangements from Norwich to Gatwick

If you are looking for a trouble free journey you might want to consider getting a driver/ taxi to the airport. Not the cheapest option of course, but one of the most relaxing ways to get from door to door. Its about £155 each way and several Norwich companies offer it. Have a look round at Airports4less in Sprowston, Canary Taxis, and Dolphin all of whom come to mind.

It sounds a lot but you did ask for the relaxing option! Personally I'd drive like Bob suggests and stay overnight at a hotel with parking. I couldn't stand the coach trip nor would I find it much fun crossing London with luggage on the train.

4. Re: Transport arrangements from Norwich to Gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2016, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Norwich
Recent Conversations