We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Things to do

I had read about Norwich being a haven for booklovers, perhaps two years ago. Does anyone

know where that would be in Norwich? Small bookstores, cafes, whatever?

Essex
Level Contributor
31,759 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Things to do

Googling "Norwich bookshops" brings up quite a lot of interesting results, if you don't get any other responses...

But try posting on the TA Norwich forum, locals don't necessarily look at the whole UK forum.

Hay-on-Wye is the most well known "Booktown", with Sedburgh as another option....

EDIT: have done an answer now, so will let it sit, but have to say that a please/thank you, added to your request, generally will endear you better to forum responders, who are normal people like you, not an automated answer bank...

Edited: 01 February 2015, 12:02
England, United...
Level Contributor
10,666 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Things to do

Welcome to the forum Katie.

Were you looking for places in England generally or do you have a particular interest in Norwich?

Essex
Level Contributor
31,759 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Things to do

Oh whoops!

This IS in the Norwch forum, silly me...... ;-(

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Things to do

We are indeed a haven for booklovers and the jewel in our crown has to be The Book Hive - www.the bookhive.co.uk - amazing selection and a diverse events programme.

Another personal favourite is City Bookshop - www.citybookshopnorwich.co.uk

Edited: 03 February 2015, 09:15
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
23,307 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Things to do

You might also want to check out the University of East Anglia's Literary Festival. This year it runs from 25th Feb to 29th April and tickets are available now.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
263 reviews
6. Re: Things to do

Bookhive, independent very well run (new) bookshop on London St.

There is a second hand bookshop with a good range on Davey Place.

Ellis, if you walk up St Giles past St Giles Hotel towards Upper St Giles its a small second hand shop on your right been around years.

These are all about a 5 min walk from eachother.

Cant think of any book specific cafes, but take your chosen book to Kofra, Strangers or The Window grab one of the best coffee's in Norwich and enjoy.

Edited: 04 February 2015, 08:46
Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
693 posts
139 reviews
7. Re: Things to do

Norwich is the Unesco City of Literature and home to The Writers Centre.

Have a look at their website for more ideas and a list of events that might co-incide with your visit.

http://www.writerscentrenorwich.org.uk

Florida
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
222 reviews
8. Re: Things to do

Thank you Katie for asking that question. Hope she is not run off with hurt feelings. I am so looking forward to a visit to your lovely city. Doing my research on where and what I would like to do and didn't even know about that bonus.

thank you for all the info.

9. Re: Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2016, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Norwich
Recent Conversations