We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend parking in Norwich

northants
Level Contributor
2 posts
75 reviews
weekend parking in Norwich

Hello,

I am staying in Norwich this weekend at the Riverside Travelodge which has no parking, does anyone know any cheap or free places to park for the weekend? (I don't mind walking or a short bus ride. I don't want pay and display as I will only forget to get a new ticket!

Thank you

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
187 reviews
1. Re: weekend parking in Norwich

Have a look at this thread about parking for Norwich station (which is close to Riverside) -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186342-i920-k63…

In particular post #41 should help you.

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
708 posts
139 reviews
2. Re: weekend parking in Norwich

Being very close to the railway station, free parking is impossible. Everywhere is chargeable or restricted by residents permits. The best deal seems to be had at Lower clarence road, which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and costs about £5 per day.

Post code for sat nav is NR1 1HA

parkopedia.mobi/parking/…

Edited: 04 March 2014, 18:43
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: weekend parking in Norwich

As others have already stated, Lower Clarence Road is your best bet for reasonably priced parking close to the Travelodge at Riverside. You have the convenience to book online for the number of days required and then print a 'ticket' you can show in your windscreen (although RCP will have details on a database anyway). I would say that the walk is more like 10 minutes (it is about half a mile), we timed it when we parked there to the station and it was 6 minutes, the Travelodge is a bit further on from that up Prince of Wales Road and then a left on St Vedast Street.

https://www.rcpparking.com/car-park-bookings

There is a 50p booking fee for all online bookings.

The car park is a little lonely being situated near the train station but there is a huge Royal Mail sorting office nearby and houses directly opposite. Be aware that there is a Norwich City home game on Saturday in case you are arriving then.

If you are staying Saturday and Sunday you have the option to just pay for the Saturday and then move the car to a free space on the road for the Sunday. Literally on Lower Clarence Road there are spaces (including single yellow lines) but you would have to be away by 8am (I believe) on Monday.

Great pub, The Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road just around the corner from the RCP car park but again, with Norwich at home it will be very busy from Saturday lunchtime and then after the game.

http://www.thecoachthorperoad.co.uk/

4. Re: weekend parking in Norwich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Norwich
Recent Conversations