We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking with a Blue Badge???

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Parking with a Blue Badge???

Hey guys

I am going to norwich for a few days with my family and I want to know how is parking there, I have blue badge which in London lets me park on Yellow lines, Pay Display & other parking bays for free either up to 3 hours sometimes no limit.

So I will be staying in UNION STREET NR2 and there seems to be some parking bays which say:

"Monday - Saturday 8am - 6:30pm 1 hour, no return within 1 hour"

That seems to have free parking for 1 hour but if I park with a blue badge from there how long will I be permited to leave my car there.

thanx in advance

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking with a Blue Badge???

Badge holders are advised to refer to the national handbook as to where they can and cannot park using the disabled badge:

The Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities in England (1.29 Mb pdf)

Blue badge holders in Norwich may also park:

•on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours if displaying a time clock, provided they do not cause an obstruction, road safety hazard, or where there is a loading ban in operation

•in permit bays for up to three hours (using your clock)

•in pay and display bays, at no charge without restriction on length of stay

•in limited waiting bays without restriction on length of stay

•in loading bays, but must comply with the waiting restriction, i.e. active loading and unloading for the time limit as signed in that bay.

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
629 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking with a Blue Badge???

Union Street is a residential street very close to the shopping centre hence the limitations aimed at restricting the commuters. If you're staying with friends they are likely to have residents permits you can use and there will also be areas around Union Street where you can use the Blue Badge with no limits.

3. Re: Parking with a Blue Badge???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 16:21
Get answers to your questions about Norwich
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now