We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Norwich station

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
693 posts
139 reviews
Parking at Norwich station

The multi-storey car park opposite Norwich railway station has increased its charges for rail passengers from £6 per day to £20. This came in on April 1st and the surface car park is short stay. (last time I looked it was £17.50 per day)

I'm going on a day trip from Norwich station later this month and would welcome suggestions for alternative options. I'm too far away for a taxi, but refuse to pay the £20 out of principle. You can park in London for less.

Norwich
1 post
1 review
71. Re: Parking at Norwich station

Lower Clarence Road open air car park is very close and much much cheaper!

Gt Yarmouth
1 post
2 reviews
72. Re: Parking at Norwich station

There are only a very limited number of rail concession tickets issued each day at the riverside complex. I've driven in there at 8am and all the rail tickets for that day have gone. It's because they are taken by non rail users ... You don't need to show proof of train travel to get one out of the machines.... And all day parking is £6 if validated at station or £8 if not .... So much cheaper parking if you don't get it validated at station than a non rail user ticket. In addition you can validate yourself in the train station simply by putting it in a machine .... Again you don't need to show proof if train travel! I've complained but the car park is not linked to train station and so they have no say in how the car park owners manage the car parking fees. Car park owners don't care who gets the concession parking each day .

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
693 posts
139 reviews
73. Re: Parking at Norwich station

That's what used to happen Donna, but they abolished the £8 rate, although they have never removed it from the website, and the tariff is now either £6 vaildated and £20 if not.

Happened in 2013

edp24.co.uk/news/long_stay_price_hike_at_riv…

As you say, you have to be there at 6am to get a rail ticket now.

74. Re: Parking at Norwich station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2016, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Norwich
Recent Conversations