We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment letting company - a scam?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment letting company - a scam?

Hello, my wife and I are coming to London and looking for an apartment. Searched via google and came across www.premier-holiday-lettings.org/index.html - they seem quite cheap for the quality of the apartments compared to others we have looked at but I am worried that it is a scam....does anyone know? - is there anyway to find out before we pay anything?

Any help appreciated

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment letting company - a scam?

It's a scam. Start with this list for reputable flat rentals: https:/…edit

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment letting company - a scam?

The apartments are far too cheap and (according to their FAQs section) payment is by bank transfer.

Keep well away!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment letting company - a scam?

3 Bedroom / Sleep 6 - 8

£850 / Week

75 Holland Park Avenue, London, W11 4UR

=======

Says "this is a scam" more than if the headline said "this is a scam".

£850 a night, maybe.

Your expectations / hopes are way out of whack. If you look at prices at this level, all you'll find are scams.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 10:06
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment letting company - a scam?

Chris P,

before the Olympics they had last year, there was alot of that going on. im sure if there $$$ to be made, they are still trying.

good luck

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment letting company - a scam?

Thanks everyone - confirmed my suspicions and just saved me a lot of money (as well as not having anywhere to stay when we arrive) I have looked at Ivy lettings and think we'll go with them or someone similar - thanks for the list TexScott!

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment letting company - a scam?

Not only a scam, but a lazy one. They didn't even bother to change the name of their previous scam site in the FAQ's, but used the same page.

I recognise the layout from other scam websites previously, so this is either the same guy, or there's a template out there somewhere.

7. Re: Apartment letting company - a scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 18:47
8. Re: Apartment letting company - a scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 14:15