We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

Seoul, South Korea
5 posts
Save Topic
How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

I supposed to watcing a football game at Wembley Stadium. i have a Oyster card for 1-3 zone. If i take a Bus, are there a lot of traffic? Underground is better?

Please recommend which better. Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,043 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

Wembley stations are in zone 4. If you travel by Overground or Underground and have a zones 1 - 3 Travelcard you will need to ensure you have PAYG money loaded on the Oyster along with the Travelcard to cover the out of zone fares.

From what start point do you wish to travel by bus? At what time of the day and on what date will you travel to Wembley for the football match?

Seoul, South Korea
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

Sorry for not detailed.

the kick-off time is 8 PM on 15 Oct. i will get start from ealing common. i've found the bus going to Webley stadium once. But if there are lots of the traffic by bus cause of the match, i think the tube is better. no problem?

Regards, Thanks

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

You can take the 83 bus all the way from Ealing Common (Hangar Lane) to Wembley Stadium, though that would be a long and tedious ride with 90,000 other people heading to and from the England-Poland game!

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/eali…

Best route would probably be to take 207 or 607 bus to Acton Central (stop H). Then take the Overground to Willesden Junction, and change for a northbound Overground or Bakerloo line train to Wembley Central. You'll need £3.10 additional PAYG on your Oyster card to cover both out of zone journeys in zone 4 (assuming you travel to Wembley before 7pm).

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…actoncentral-a4.pdf

Seoul, South Korea
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

Thanks a lot!!

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,790 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

If you take the number 83 bus allow lots of extra time. The roads round wembley can get crazy busy for big events at wembley and it's not uncommon in my experience to be sat in traffic for 20 minutes without moving more than a few feet!

Toronto, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

Which game are you watching?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

TBH, it's a match day, whatever route you take it's gonna be busy...

Busses will get stuck in the traffic around the ground, and there's queues for the Underground. Just be prepared for it either way, particularly after the match.

8. Re: How to go Wembley Stadium by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 14:18