We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow free travel zone

Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow free travel zone

Hi all,

I noticed that Heathrow has a free travel zone that even covers public transport buses in a specific area.

heathrowairport.com/static/Heathrow/Download…

How does this work exactly? So if i board a public bus service, I can just tell them I want to go off at say Harlington Corner. Since that's still within the free transport zone, I do not need to pay at all? It just interesting that you may board a fee paying bus and not need to pay.

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
9,939 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow free travel zone

This map shows the area, within the area shaded green travel on public buses is free. Yes, just tell the driver where you're getting off, and so long that's in the free zone you're fine. It's funded by the owners of the airport to reduce traffic in the area.

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow free travel zone

Caveat: The X26 bus is not part of the freeride area.

Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow free travel zone

Thanks all for the replies. That's a pretty neat policy.

Darrenmcc, we won't be taking that bus but thanks for the heads up.

4. Re: Heathrow free travel zone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 15:19