We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to go to paris from london

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
I want to go to paris from london

I want to go to paris from london for the day. I found a tour that takes you by train and does a tour there. britainshrinkers.com Has anyone done this? Sounds like a good deal just expensive.

Perth
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I want to go to paris from london

I'd like to go to Paris too in October.

so, all i do is buy a ticket on www.eurostar.com and then print it off?

when i arrive at the train station with the printed off ticket what do i do next?

do i need to go to a counter to get a proper ticket printed out or do i just go board the train?

havent dont this before so i have NO idea what im doing. lol

thanks

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
122 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I want to go to paris from london

I believe you have two options when you purchase the tickets: either print them and take them with you, or use the self-service machines to pick them up at the station. If you use the self-service machine, you need to insert the card you used when you paid for them.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I want to go to paris from london

If you print them out, you just present them at the barrier.

I quite like this option, because I can print off an extra copy to put in another part of my luggage in case I lose the first.

Last time I printed out Eurostar tickets, they were two separate A4 sheets, one for going, on for the return journey.

Perth
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I want to go to paris from london

thanks for the info and help. bit nervy about messing such a big thing up.

so when i buy my ticket, 3 months before i want to go, i'll print it off (plus extras) and just show them at the barrier when i get to St Pancras station

**sigh of relief**

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: I want to go to paris from london

Yup. Don't do what I did my first trip - I packed originals and spares in various bits of luggage (I was staying a few days), then presented my return printout at the barrier for the outward journey. The man on duty was very kind but I felt a prat.

It's a pleasant train ride and just so amazing to get on the train in the heart of the capital of one country and get off it in the capital of another - and just get on with the day in Paris, no customs or immigration, you just get off the train and go..... I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.....

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,394 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: I want to go to paris from london

If using the machine to get your ticket at St Pancras, it gives you the option of inserting the card you used to pay with, or you can use the reference number (which is really a series of letters) that came with your booking confirmation. So unlike some domestic trains, you do not absolutely need the card you paid with as long as you have your reference. Personally, I prefer to use the machine at the station. If you write your reference in several places (eg the inside cover of your guidebook) there is no danger of losing or forgetting it.

Sunnyvale,California...
Level Contributor
310 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: I want to go to paris from london

I just got my Eurostar London to Paris ticket for $57 for travel in May. I'm sure the return is probably about the same price if you purchase in advance

A tour is not necessary and they're very expensive. Get yourself a good Paris guide book (ie. DK Eyewitness Top 10 Paris) with a good map. Wear comfortable shoes and maybe get a Paris Hop-on-Hop-off...that will take you to all the major sites. Take the latest train back to London and I think that will make for a pretty good daytrip to Paris.

18. Re: I want to go to paris from london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:42