We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easybus: Gatwick to Victoria Station

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Easybus: Gatwick to Victoria Station

Would anyone have a schedule of departures for this bus from Gatwick to Victoria station or where the end of the line is for this bus service or the source of a pdf file with it's route.

We are on a 3 1/2 day stopover and would like to take in some of the theatrical productions in the Leicester square area. Busing or tube travel is not a problem for us.

As I think I understand the travel card 2 for 1 passes, I gather it would be best to buy them at Gatwick or perhaps buy them each day as we travel about the city.

The only place we are thinking of going to outside the zones is Hampton Court and as I have read you need to take a train to get there.

There is a Starbucks coffee shop at Hamsptead Heath that we would like to re-visit and the bus we took #24, went right passed

the Camden Markets and stopped at a turnaround just accross from the coffee shop.

The other great discovery was that on the very corner adjacent to the coffee shop was a building with an inscription above the door indicating that it was once a bookstore and that George Orwell had written there in 1933 -1934.

Thanks for all the help last year when we used the forum around this time for a most delightfull 2 week trip to England.

Edited: 06 February 2012, 04:11
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Easybus: Gatwick to Victoria Station

I wouldn't rely on the easyBus, whether early on a Sunday morning or not.

There is a Southern railway departure from London Victoria station to Gatwick at 0547, arriving at the airport at 0626. Single fare is £13.20.

Are you staying near Earl's Court? If not, where please?

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Easybus: Gatwick to Victoria Station

Hi TravellerPlus,

Why easybus is not reliable? Safety issue or not on schedule? What about a night before the departure day? Please advise. Thanks advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,618 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Easybus: Gatwick to Victoria Station

There have been comments about cancelled or late easyBus services on this forum for as long as the services have been operating. If you do wish to take the bus then the night before departure would be a better choice than on the day as you would have options in case of cancellation or late running.

Keep in mind as well that the easyBus operates from a stop near West Brompton station, a 10 - 15 minute walk from Earl's Court station.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Easybus: Gatwick to Victoria Station

>> Why easybus is not reliable? Safety issue or not on schedule? <<

1) Read their T+Cs with a microscope. If you miss your bus your ticket is only valid on a space available basis for a further hour. After that it's void.

2) Several posts on here have mentioned that passengers were in the right place and the right time, and no bus showed. When one did around an hour later, it wasn't there's but the later bus, with no space avaiable and so tickets were void.

A common occurance? Who knows.

A risk when you have a time critical issue or a big alternative fare? Yup.

Do I have personal experience of this? Nope, but I have of transport services in other countries and when it happens it's a right royal PITA.

Edited: 23 September 2012, 17:10
Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Easybus: Gatwick to Victoria Station

Thanks for your advise.

26. Re: Easybus: Gatwick to Victoria Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 19:15